Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday, July 22, 2010

I thought I should post something here to get started. After 2 days of driving, we have finally arrived in western Iowa. Kristen and Monika did well with the drive and spent a lot of it working on their creative writing. They have started a blog which they have named "Children of the Corn". Monika was fascinated by how flat parts of this country can be. She agrees with me that Illinois is much flatter than Iowa. She was also fascinated by how you can see so many miles into the distance and see it raining so far away.

For now, it is nice to be out of the car and to have a couple of days to get used to my road bike and equipment and try to stretch out before the serious riding begins. It is so hot and humid currently and I am really questioning what made me think this would be fun. Accuweather is predicting sunny and 84 for Sioux City on Sat and Sun - probably just another one of those mirages.

So for now, I am going to sign off until Saturday when we head to Sioux City and the beginning of the festivities.

Dr. Mel

3 comments:

  1. Glad you arrived safely! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather cools off for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Comito, YOU'RE THE BEST!!! You always continue to amaze me!! Please don't forget to drink tons of water!!!!Kristen and Monika we are counting on you two to make sure the Doctor remains well hydrated and replenishes her potassium! By the way Kristen, how does your mom's feet reach the pedals? HAHA,I just had to do it! We Love you Guys! Kaeli and Amy Brandt

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go Dr Comito!! Do you have a pillow with you whenever you sit down? Really enjoying the pictures. Beautiful State.
    Take care, see you soon.
    Debbie Wenger

    ReplyDelete